Egged on: Navigating the world of secondary infertility and egg donation

Join us on this journey into our hearts, a petri dish and (hopefully) my uterus.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Jack of all trades

My husband had to go in and update his sperm count earlier this month.

I've mentioned before that he could be a stand-up comedian.

Here's a sampling of some of the lines that the nurses at the fertility clinic heard:

Receptionist: How are you today?
Husband: The insurance company is paying for me to masturbate. It doesn't get better than that.

Nurse: (showing him to the room) Have you done this before?
Husband: Yes. Since I was 12.

Nurse: No, I mean, have you been here before?
Husband: Are you kidding? I love this room. Is it available to rent out for parties?

Nurse: (also while showing the room) Do you have everything you need?
Husband: I could use a few more outlets and an air compressor.

I wasn't there. And I have no idea if they were amused or ready to call the police.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Hi Anne. I saw your comments to bloggers going through donor egg IVF and have been catching up on your posts. I'm sorry you had to go through so many false starts with so many donors, but I'm glad to see you are finally on your way. I am a donor egg recipient myself (had a successful cycle in April) so I wanted to hi and let you know that I was reading.

Anne said...

Thanks for the kind words, Summer. Congrats on your successful cycle! It helps to hear positive news like yours.

As for our other donors, I really do feel like we've found the right match. In fact, if it doesn't work, I am quite certain that we won't want to try again with anyone else. We both feel like she is our match. And if it's meant to be, it will happen.

Keep me posted on your pregnancy. Sounds like you're due for a New Year's baby.