Egged on: Navigating the world of secondary infertility and egg donation

Join us on this journey into our hearts, a petri dish and (hopefully) my uterus.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

New hope

I expect to see some new profiles tomorrow morning. Two sound promising. One has donated before and produced eggs for three families. One is new to the process, but has had a pregnancy so we know she's fertile. One's a blonde with brown eyes. One a brunette with green eyes.

It all still feels so futile and far away. The first two girls seemed like such good choices. They were experienced. They knew what they were getting into. They both were described as responsible and smart.

The challenge will be opening up the new profiles with a positive attitude. Because, right now, the idea of starting over and opening myself up to that heartache again just doesn't seem smart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Found your blog through my sister's blog Egg-Cited. She and I attempted egg donation. How is your donor search going?

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn .. I couldn't email you back. So I'm just replying here. Maybe you'll see it.

Our search is going well. We've signed on with a new donor. She's young -- 22. Based on her profile, she sounds like someone I would have been hanging out with in college. We don't look alike, but we do have similar features. Thanks for reading.

I have seen your sister's blog and have followed her journey. I was right there with all of you hoping that things would have turned out differently. And I'm still holding out hope for the future. You have done a beautiful thing for your sister.

At this point in my journey, I feel like I should only be reading the happy stories. But the sad stories are the reality for about half the women who go through this.

All I can say is that, based on what I've read, the second and third attempts are often successful for many women. Let's hope that's the case for your sister.