Egged on: Navigating the world of secondary infertility and egg donation

Join us on this journey into our hearts, a petri dish and (hopefully) my uterus.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Go Hawaiian

We picked a new donor. This one, I'm assured, won't back out.

Maybe there's something to the idea that things happen for a reason. This girl seems like someone I would really like -- like someone I'd be hanging out with if I was 20 years younger. She's a creative type. She wore Chuck Taylors with a formal dress. She looks more natural than made-up. And, she's part Hawaiian. Interesting, right?

Her fertility stats: Never been pregnant. Never had VD. Donated three times. The first time, there wasn't a pregnancy. But that was with a different fertility clinic. The next two times restulted in pregnancy -- both through my clinic. So that's a good sign.

We're going to even talk to her on the phone -- so we have a better sense of her dedication to the process. I'm starting to feel better about everything now.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Anne

I am so happy for you!!!! I have been a lurker on your blog, rooting for you.

Sounds like you have finally found someone that is committed to the process. Twenty-two is a great age - I am sure she will have lots of ripe and fertile eggs!

I wouldn't put too much into what she looks like. Even if you would have used your own eggs, it wouldn't have guaranteed the child would look like you. My eight yr old daughter is blond with grey eyes. My husband and I have brown hair and brown eyes. She looks like him (all but the hair & eyes). People ask me if she is my child. lol

Thank you for your sweet comments regarding my sister.

This was the first time I have ever participated in fertility services. It was a real eye-opener for me. I only wish things would have turned out differently.
What I wouldn't change is how close this has made us. Got to look at the positive..

Now that figured out how to log in, feel free to e-mail me anytime! I have been through the donor part and would love to discuss any of it with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn ...Thanks! I have an 8-year-old daughter who looks nothing like me, too. She's blonde/blue. Both my husband and I are brown/brown. She has his facial features. So there's no "genetic loss" for me in this whole process. a.

Milimili said...

Hi Anne,
How did things work out for you? I am looking for a part-Hawaiian donor and found it interesting that you had the fortune to cross paths with one. Wishing you the best...